Sunday, March 11, 2012

sunshine through the mist.

Can you hear me! I softly ask. Are you their! I cant see you. But I know you're their even though I can't see you. Are you watching me? Though my eyes are blind with the heavyness of this mist that befudles and slows me. My eye lids heavy and clouded with dark mist sting, straining with fatigue. quivering they droop and close.  I no longer can force or control the muscles. Yet upon closing a cool mist envelopes my burning  punished eyes.  Eyes closed the constant streaming tears clears my blindness and light appears. Greyish shadows at first yet the grey clouded mist brings your face to me.  Hungrily searching your features I contemplate your unchanging expression. Regret, sorrow, freedom, confussion, euhphoria. Your eyes bright, clear I can see this all with clearity. As I do the dark shadows deminsh and the light increases.  Reaching out my pulse quickens, my temples throb, adrenaline shoots through my slugish veins. I miss you. I miss you so much.  My throat thickens, constricting and choking me with such violent emotion that I can't control or turn it off. It engulfs and floods through me. I can't endure this agonizing pressure. The light through the mist that holds you darkens and you begin to fade from my view. No dont go, I cry. Don't leave me, again.


Some thing awakens me. Are you their I whisper? So quiet and still, yet you have awakened me. I no longer ask. I know with assurity you are their. Resting on the end of my bed, I can see you looking at me. You've been here trying to comfort me as a slept. My sentinal.  I ask you questions, not with my voice but with my heart. Why, why! It is not yet dawn and the grey shawdows persist. I know no verbal reply will be returned. Yet speaking quietly from the silent chambers of my heart, I feel your nearness in quiet stillness. I want to cry out again but I choke it down. I eat the pain of longing, of missing you. I cover it.  As I quiet my soul, the light increases through the ever falling mist that I cannot stop or get away from. As the light increases it tells me that this must be.


As the dawn approaches, I realize your face glows with light. Understanding dawns, you have brought the light yet I have been holding on too the darkness. Help me!  Love is your light and it eminates and enfolds my soul in joy. Relief rushes through me. My all consuming grief that enfolds me bursts with such force I am enthralled, mesmerized, and Im consumed with wonder, understanding, knowledge. You are not gone, you are here beside me, you have never left me. You have watched over me. Our love binds us together forever.  I know now that one day I will be ready to follow the sunshine through the mist and we will once agian walk arm in arm side by side. We will laugh and hug each other and so many more whos light has faded through the mist. I love you I whisper. The light of dawn shines through my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment